Information Collected About You
At registration and at various times as you use the Site, you will be given the option of providing us with personal information in order to receive informational/promotional newsletters – such as a newsletter relating to a specific health condition – via email.
Emails You Send to us
Services and Device Information
When you access and use the Site, we automatically collect and store in its server logs information from your browser or mobile device such as your IP address or unique device identifier, browser information (including referring URL), your preferences and settings, cookies and information about the content you have viewed and actions taken (e.g., search queries, ad engagement, clicks and the associated dates and times).
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We also work with third party ad networks to display advertising on our Site and on third party websites.
How Information Collected About You Is Used
Information about your use of the Services may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide, improve and create new Services,
- to respond to your inquiries and to send you administrative communications about the Site,
- to obtain your feedback about the Site and Services
- to send you secure electronic messages and personalized emails pertaining to your interests as inferred from your use of the Services, including news, announcements, reminders,
- to statistically analyze trends and user behavior and activity including how frequently areas of the Site are visited, how the Services are being used and how many emails are received and opened,
- to provide you and people with similar demographic characteristics and interests with more relevant content including advertising both on and off the Site,
- to offer lead generation services,
- to detect and defend against fraud and other threats to the Services and our users,
- to identify issues with the Services,
- to conduct research and measurement activities, including those described below.
In addition, we may use personal information about you for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information and/or with your consent.
Sharing Your Information
Third Party Advertisers and Third-Party Websites
Compliance with Law, Regulation, and Law Enforcement Requests
To cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with law, we may release personal information to third parties: (1) to comply with legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; (2) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; or (3) in special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to you or others, to protect property or defend or assert legal rights. In addition, we may disclose personal information as described below.
How Your Information is Secured and Retained
We take reasonable security measures to protect the security of your personal information. Despite our efforts to protect your personal information, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems or that transmissions of your information over the Internet may be intercepted.
Your Choices and Rights
Updating/Removing Your Personal Information
You can unsubscribe from an email newsletter by:
- Following the directions included at the bottom of the newsletter and using the “Unsubscribe” link found in the emails.
You may also control interest-based advertising on your mobile device by enabling the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting in your iOS device’s settings or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” in your Android device’s settings. This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements, but will limit the use of device advertising identifiers to personalize ads based on your interests. If you have questions about how to reject cookies on your specific device please check with the device manufacturer.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Site are not designed or intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13.